Sunday, January 20, 2013

Notes on Teaching-Research-Service from the Home Infirmary


Sickness cancels Friday Night Dinner, and I have been working the home infirmary all week so instead of the FND report I will share a brief description of how my academic skills in teaching-research-service translate to the home front. Call it “broader impacts.”

Teaching:
My son could be hired by NASA to detect signs of parenting on other planets. Direct lectures have been ignored for years, one-on-one tutoring shunned, and subtle life lessons are exposed and mocked, like the vegetables in the meat loaf. 

Research:
Password decryption: covert forays into the online reading/viewing habits of adolescent boys. My discoveries in this arena have led to some hilarious insights from a wide variety of family, friends, & acquaintances.

Service:
My parenting skills are especially effective in helping other parents feel better about theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment