Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Winter Quarter Retrospective



Now that we're in the second week of spring quarter, I thought I'd look back at some of the richness that was last winter quarter.

Trips to Berkeley, Hawaii, Austin, DC (twice),

I met many many new people, and from different fields.

I sat between my dad and my stepdad at my sister’s birthday dinner.

There were ~5 Friday night dinners, ~18 seminars to introduce, ~2 qualifying exams. 

I was the lab gremlin, messing up one of my graduate students’ experiments.

The visiting committee strongly recommended I take a sabbatical leave.

I took a course in mindfulness meditation.

My postdoc met a rat in the lab and couldn’t decide whether to name it “Pinky” or “The Brain”

I developed a theory that might significantly alter the corner where chemistry meets cosmo/geosciences. I woke most days between  4-5am and worked on it until noon.

************
This last bit will keep me busy for spring and summer, and I'll write about progress in this blog, along with other things.

2 comments:

  1. If you really desire to get such type of information, visit this blog quickly. garage door experts abc

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an interesting blog that you have posted, you shares a lot of things about. Please visit https://goo.gl/8uPwZ5

    ReplyDelete