Here is my outline for a talk I will give next week in a specialized conference for a different scientific community from my usual.
Take Home Message/Prologue:
“I have learned all I can from these bad experiments I am about to show you, and would like to do some better experiments. Help?!?”
1. Why did I want to do these experiments to begin with?
2. What are these experiments I’m calling “bad”?
3. Why are they bad? (Answer: see Fig. 1)
4. What did I learn from them anyway?
5. Can I learn anything else from them? (Answer: Nothing I much care about)
6. What are the attributes of a good experiment? (see Fig. 2)
7. Answer: they directly test the hypothesis.
|Figure 1. The experiments I did.|
|Figure 2. The experiments I'll do next.|