Thursday, November 10, 2016

Journals and prescient dreams


I’ve written a journal since my beloved fourth grade elementary teacher Mrs. Peterson taught us the way. I had a red spiral notebook, and until recently most of my journals were red spiral notebooks.

Here’s what I wrote early Monday morning this week

7 Nov 2016
Water water everywhere in last night’s dreams. Canal systems. Rapids. Waves breaking over the gunwales of big boats and small boats. I am in hiding in a closet with children. I am on a big ship. We get word that it is sinking, but we do not believe. Then when it appears to be listing, we try to do all that we can to fix it. Then when it is clear that it cannot be fixed we have the boat pull over to a frightening looking constructed island structure that seems worse than the boat. But we have to abandon ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment